Thursday 11 June 2009

Maine


Have been here a week and working hard on the boat. She has been well cared for over the winter and once I have sorted out the yards tricks with the pipe work systems are beginning to come together. Next week should see the launch. I am having to send the new Avon inflatable away for repair as the fenders are falling off. Its is to be a guarantee job and again I have found the folk here just more than helpful.

I am staying with friends, Ted and Bev Cowan who also have and Endurance in the back yard awaiting completion but in the bay they also have a 50 ft schooner. If it is to be a fine weekend I will take time off for a sail and gladly, never having sailed in such a splendid ship before. It is a family affair as the yard is run by Ted's brother Bill and his wife Jody.

My first few days were enhanced by the great performance of UKIP. The web is so helpful when there are such cataclysmic affairs of state! Interestingly Obama is heading for trouble.

Gitte is due out on the 22nd and soon after she arrives we should start to make for the Azores. Here is hoping. In the meantime she is to be found, as ever, on the golf course.

No comments: